The Word IP Refers To “Ingress Protection” means What are the Liquid and Solid bearing capacity of your Device.
The IP Rating is mostly used for waterproof devices which can be damaged from water but with simple coating or using their technology they can make that device Waterproof.
They Give the rating to that waterproof device according to their bearing capacity of the water so that IP Rating is most important to know the users how much water-bearing capacity this device has.
There are separate IP ratings given to every product according to their test. The IP Rating or Liquid and Dust is Separate.
- The IP Rating of Liquid Start Like – (IP0X) Liquid.
- The IP Rating of Solid Start Like – (IPX0) Solid.
1. The IP Rating of Liquid
There Are 11 Levels of IP Protection which given by the many Companies Are Following:-
- IPX0: No special protection from water.
- IPX1: Can only resist vertically dropped water.
- IPX2: resist water that hits the product at a 15° angle or less.
- IPX3: Can Easily take water sprays of up to 60°.
- IPX4: resistant to water splashes from any direction.
- IPX5: resist a sustained -| low-pressure water -| jet spray.
- IPX6: Resist high-pressure | heavy sprays of water.
- IPX6K: Resist water jets of extremely high pressure. Rarely used.
- IPX7: Can be submerged up to 1 meter of water Level for 30 minutes.
- IPX8: Can be submerged deeper than 1 meter. The exact depth is specified by the manufacturer.
- IPX9K: Resists high-pressure | high-temperature sprays at Short range.
2. The IP Rating of Solid State.
This is also the same as a liquid state in the Liquid state we protect the device from the liquid condition and in the Solid-state we protect our Device or Item from the Solid State Damages. It shows the Build Quality of the Product.
The Solid Things which damage our Devices Like Dust, Air pollution and Scratches Etc.
There Are 7 Levels of IP Protection which given by the many Companies Are Following:-
- IP0X: not protected against any type of physical contact or objects.
- IP1X: Protected objects larger than 50 mm.
- IP2X: Protect From objects larger than 12.5 mm. This now includes fingers.
- IP3X: Protected from 2.5 mm Items, which includes thick wires and most tools.
- IP4X: Protected from anything bigger than 1 mm.
- IP5X: Dust resistant. Dust Protection Some dust may get through, but it won’t be enough to damage the product.
- IP6X: “None shall pass!” | This product is fully dust-tight.
FAQ: Related To IP
Q1. Is High IP Items Not Damage By Water?